If you want to create apps for the iPhone or iPad, it’s essential to learn the Swift programming language. Get an introduction to this powerful and intuitive language and use it to code simple iOS apps.
Students will learn the fundamentals of Swift and then develop iOS apps using the Xcode development environment on the Macintosh. They will discover that writing code in Swift is interactive and fun. We will cover topics including functions, data structures, enumerations, classes and closures. Students will also explore object-oriented programming and design of user interfaces for Apple devices. The course provides a good jumping off point for students who want to move on to more advanced programming and app development studies.
What You Will Learn
Students in High School: iOS Programming will:
- Learn the basics of the Swift programming language
- Use Swift to create simple apps for Apple devices
- Get an introduction to Xcode, an integrated development environment for macOS
- Practice using control statements, looping statements, functions and data structures
- Learn about object-oriented programming
- Learn how to design iOS user interfaces
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
Course Number: CSE-90112
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
6/26/2023 - 6/30/2023
7/24/2023 - 7/28/2023