Practice coming up with ideas for useful and imaginative children’s books.
If you dream of trying your hand at creating a children’s book, this course will show you the techniques you need for success, from creating compelling characters and dialogue to crafting the book with pictures and graphics.
What You Will Learn
Students in High School: Create a Children's Book will:
- Discover how to use a word processor to write your book prior to formatting
- Learn to establish characters, settings, and learning points for different age groups
- Explore different kinds of children’s books and different reasons they are popular
- Gain an understanding of how to create a book cover using a free online site, Canva
- Analyze how to add images to your book with simple Canva techniques
- Practice writing different kinds of children’s stories
- Put this new knowledge to work by crafting a full children’s book in Canva
- Learn how to self publish your book
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
Course Number: LIT-90029
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/15/2024 - 7/19/2024