Gain a comprehensive understanding of the grants process and how you can use grants to fund your endeavors. This hands-on course will guide you through the entire process of writing a funding proposal. Practice writing problem statements and objectives; receive feedback on your writing; work effectively in group discussions; and learn how to construct a grant budget. Topics include “big-picture” program design; the research process for finding the right grant funders for a project; components of an effective grant proposal; and strategies for organizing the complete package. Discover the resources you need to help your organization with its own grant writing.
FDO (Foundation Directory Online) access is included in the class.
Full participation in Grant Writing for Nonprofits is applicable for 20 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
- Students should be able to write effectively for multiple purposes and audiences required by a nonprofit organization (NPO)
- Comprehend the entire grant proposal writing process, including project/program management, financial projections and program evaluation
- Identify roles and expectations of a funding agency, foundation or giving institution
- Understand very basic NPO management systems and constraints
- Develop effective research strategies, data collection, and invention
- Understand basic principles of layout and visual communication design for proposals
Although you can take any course in any order we recommend you start from the required course Introduction to Fundraising and Development. If you are not interested in pursuing the Professional Certificate in Fundraising and Development you can enroll in any single class.
Enroll in our free online Fundraising and Development Information Session HERE to learn how our fully online Fundraising and Development Certificate and career services can help you shape your career plans.
For questions, please contact the Program Manager at FRDevProgram@ucsd.edu.
Course Number: BUSA-40957
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Fundraising and Development
+ Expand All
1/29/2024 - 3/8/2024