Learn to use Building Information Modeling (BIM) using Revit
This course is for high school students interested in the becoming design professionals and involved in the construction industry. It will provide an overview of Building Information Modeling (BIM) using Revit. Using ‘as-built’ drawings, high school students will model an existing two-story building. The first portion of the class will focus on modeling an existing building and preparing it for demolition and a remodel. High school students will then create a new lobby, and open interior space. The second of the course will include high school students designing the new lobby and creating the construction documents.
What You Will Learn
Update the learning outcomes as listed on pg. 1 as you would like to see it posted on the enrollment website.
- Learn to use Revit Project Management
- Integrate DWG Files as a background for a Revit Model
- Explore the capabilities of Phasing
- Create more detailed and complicated building geometry
- Explore modeling techniques required to create a construction document set
- Produce renderings suitable for presentation and documentation
Return to the Futures' website here
Note: This course is only open to high school students.
Course Number: ARCH-90007
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
10/27/2023 - 11/13/2023
2/16/2024 - 3/4/2024