Learn to code your own game like Minecraft, Roblox and Animal Crossing
As they learn to use Scratch, students will develop their computational thinking skills while exploring their personal interests. We will cover concepts such as sequences, loops, parallelism, and events. Students will practice creating interactive games and animated movies using block coding. They will discover that they can be designers and creators instead of just consumers of technology. No prior programming experience is necessary – bring only your imagination!
What You Will Learn
Students in Elementary School: Creative Programming will:
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
- Learn to create animated movies and interactive games using block coding in the Scratch programming language
- Become familiar with the Scratch online community and Scratch community guidelines
- Get an introduction to computational thinking
- Explore concepts such as sequences, loops, parallelism and events
- Learn to use experimenting and iterating, testing and debugging, reusing and remixing, and abstracting and modularizing
- Understand how to create interactive games and animated movies with block coding
- Develop strategies for debugging a project
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: CSE-90116
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/15/2024 - 7/19/2024