Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) convert real-time measurement data
to digital values for storage and/or processing by computers or embedded systems. These systems are commonly used in industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications, as well as multimedia signal processing and scientific research. This course helps students understand the fundamentals of real time embedded data acquisition systems: their architectures, components, algorithms, data storage and presentation.
- Design embedded Data Acquisition Systems and Data Loggers
- Concepts demonstrated on a practical design using modern components and modules
- Experience the design and implementation of a two-channel temperature Data Logger based on a modern ARM Cortex microcontroller
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Comprehend the structure of a typical DAS and functions of its components
- Acquire hands-on experience designing and configuring data acquisition hardware
- Write a program for Cortex microcontroller for select applications
Hardware: STM32 IOT Discovery Node 915MHZ - Mfg. Part # B-L475E-IOT01A. Part can be purchased from Digi-Key Electronics or any other reputable electronics dealer. This microcontroller is used in all four required courses in this program.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Summer quarter.
Prerequisite: ECE-40290 Embedded Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
Next Step: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Embedded Systems Engineering certificate program.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: ECE-40275
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Embedded Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
6/21/2022 - 8/16/2022