Create Games with Scratch Block Coding
Are you a fan of games like Minecraft, Roblox and Animal Crossing? Learn to use block coding in the Scratch programming language to create your own games.
As they learn to use Scratch, students will develop their computational thinking skills while exploring their personal interests. We will cover concepts such as sequences, loops, parallelism and events. Students will practice creating interactive games and animated movies using block coding. They will discover that they can be designers and creators instead of just consumers of technology. No prior programming experience is necessary – bring only your imagination.
What You Will Learn
Learn to create animated movies and interactive games using block coding in the Scratch programming language.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Become familiar with the Scratch online community and Scratch community guidelines.
- Get an introduction to computational thinking.
- Explore concepts such as sequences, loops, parallelism and events.
- Learn to use experimenting and iterating, testing and debugging, reusing and remixing, and abstracting and modularizing.
- Understand how to create interactive games and animated movies with block coding.
- Develop strategies for debugging a project.
Note: In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as
online courses. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Course Number: CSE-90044
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)