Python is the leading language of choice in the data science and machine learning fields.
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of Python in a focused, “crash-course” format to prepare for subsequent coursework in data science and machine learning. Topics covered include basics such as variables, data types and structures, loop, and debugging, as well as more advanced concepts such as recursion and algorithm development.
This crash course is a prerequisite for Data Analytics with Python (CSE-41204) for students that don’t have previous knowledge in Python. This course will not count for the Python Programming Certificate, nor it can be used as a substitute for another course in the program.
- Google Colaboratory and Jupyter Notebook Integrated Development Environment
- Primitive data types: Float, Integer, String, Boolean
- Conditional Operators and Loops
- Functions, Data Structures, Algorithm development
- Create Python scripts in the Google Colaboratory or Jupyter Notebooks development environment
- Implement and analyze Python program flow constructs, data structures, and functions
- Write and test working Python programs
Course Typically Offered: Online, Fall and Spring quarter
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking Data Analytics with Python (CSE-41204).
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about other course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41386
Credit: 0.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
9/25/2023 - 9/30/2023