In this advanced C# course the focus will be on some of the more sophisticated programming concepts available in the language. Building on the topics covered in the C# Programming II, participants will learn Functional Programming, multithreaded and parallel programming techniques using TPL and memory management.
- Memory management techniques and garbage collection strategies
- Object lifetime and disposal
- Creation of generic classes and methods
- Anonymous methods, delegates and events
- Functional programming techniques
- Multithreaded and parallelized coding techniques
- Cross-thread synchronization
- Reflection and the Dynamic Library Runtime (DLR)
- Language Independent Query (LINQ)
- Learn more advance techniques available in C#
- Gain a better understanding of the internal workings of a .NET program
- Ability to use multi-threading and parallel programming techniques to increase program performance and efficiency.
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- PDF reader such as Adobe Reader
- Multiple browsers (Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the most popular)
Hardware: access to a laptop or computer with the following specifications or better.
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Fall and Spring quarter
Prerequisites: "C# Programming II: Objected-Oriented Programming" or equivalent experience.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking electives in the C# Programming Certificate
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the C# Programming and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-40706
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming
+ Expand All
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023
This course is entirely web-based and to be completed asynchronously between the published course start and end dates. Synchronous attendance is NOT required.
You will have access to your online course on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
Schurter, Bruce E., Principal Software Engineer - Wildcat Discovery Technologies
Pro C#7 with .NET and .NET Core 8th
by Troelsen, Andrew, Japikse, Philip
ISBN / ASIN: 9781484230176
You may purchase textbooks via the UC San Diego Bookstore.
No refunds after: 4/3/2023.
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023
You will have access to your course materials on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.