Explore the fundamentals of programming with C# and the .NET Framework.
Students will have the opportunity to learn the elementary tools used in software development including variables, decision-making constructs, repetition statements, functions and recursion, enumerations data type, structured exception handling, and unit testing. The curriculum also introduces object-oriented programming, design principles and C# applications.
This course will be beneficial to anyone interested in learning a programming language and the skills necessary to become a developer.
- Console Applications and Basic C# syntax
- Data structures including arrays, list and character data
- Flow Control using iteration statements and branching structures
- Methods syntax and Recursion
- Structure Exception handling
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming using structs and classes
- Learn basic programming skills
- Develop C# programs in the .Net Framework
- Ability to apply programming techniques to solve problems
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later, free version available at https://www.visualstudio.com/
- PDF reader such as Adobe Reader
- Multiple browsers (Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the most popular)
Hardware: access to a laptop or computer with the following specifications or better.
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Spring and Fall quarter
Prerequisites: Have taken "Visual Studio", "Fundamentals of the .NET Framework" and "C# for Beginners" or equivalent experience.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking C# Programming II to continue learning.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming Certificate and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-40534
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming
+ Expand All
9/20/2022 - 11/19/2022