Explore the fundamentals of programming with C# and the .NET Framework.
Students will have the opportunity to learn the elementary tools used in software development including variables, decision-making constructs, repetition statements, functions and recursion, enumerations data type, structured exception handling, and unit testing. The curriculum also introduces object-oriented programming, design principles and C# applications.
This course will be beneficial to anyone interested in learning a programming language and the skills necessary to become a developer.
- Console Applications and Basic C# syntax
- Data structures including arrays, list and character data
- Flow Control using iteration statements and branching structures
- Methods syntax and Recursion
- Structure Exception handling
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming using structs and classes
- Learn basic programming skills
- Develop C# programs in the .Net Framework
- Ability to apply programming techniques to solve problems
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later, free version available at https://www.visualstudio.com/
- PDF reader such as Adobe Reader
- Multiple browsers (Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the most popular)
Hardware: access to a laptop or computer with the following specifications or better.
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Spring and Fall quarter
Prerequisites: Have taken "Visual Studio", "Fundamentals of the .NET Framework" and "C# for Beginners" or equivalent experience.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking C# Programming II to continue learning.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming Certificate and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-40534
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming
+ Expand All
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023
This course is entirely web-based and to be completed asynchronously between the published course start and end dates. Synchronous attendance is NOT required.
You will have access to your online course on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
Schurter, Bruce E., Principal Software Engineer - Wildcat Discovery Technologies
Learning C# - A Practical Approach - Volume I 1st
by Bruce Schurter
ISBN / ASIN: 9780996788809
You may purchase textbooks via the UC San Diego Bookstore.
No refunds after: 4/3/2023.
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023
You will have access to your course materials on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.