Learn about Quality Management in Automotive Engineering and the impact on Safety.
This quality and project management course introduces the key concepts of quality management used by companies in the industry and the impact of quality while achieving the safety goals. The curriculum lays out the basic methods and procedures for developing processes and process landscapes, as well as the principles of assessment and typical pitfalls. A common project management workflow is described and matched with typically assigned processes.
Participants in this course will be able to identify safety risks and distinguish them from the organizational risks found in a typical automotive engineering project. They will become familiar with the Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) process maturity model, in particular with the software development processes, which is essential for the prevention of systematic faults in designs and a key precursor of safe software design. Through small exemplary automotive-related project, students will have hands-on experience with project management and process application in ASPICE.
- Quality and process management, and introduction to ISO 9001 standard
- Process management in the Automotive Industry using ASPICE
- Project management basics, processes, and techniques
- Project management in the Automotive Industry
- Become familiar with the quality standards ISO 9001 and ASPICE
- Understand the integrated planning approach and the Overall Project Plan and its components
- Learn about process landscape and the role of processes in the automotive industry
- Experience with the assessments and appraisals used in auditing to evaluate the capability levels
Course Typically Offered: Live Online during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Students should have a basic understanding of projects from their previous engineering or technical experience or previous studies. Students shall have basic knowledge of system and safety engineering. Have completed Systems, Functions and Safety course or equivalent knowledge.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking other courses in the Functional Safety Fundamentals For Automotive Certificate
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Functional Safety Fundamentals For Automotive and course offerings.
Schedule for WI23 -- 5 weeks accelerated
Wk1. 3 sessions – Mon-Wed-Fri
Wk2. 4 sessions -- Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri
Wk3. 3 sessions -- Mon-Wed-Fri
Wk4. 4 sessions -- Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri
+ 1 session for the exam, Monday wk5
Sessions are from 6 - 7:30 am PST or 3 - 4:30 pm CEST
Course Number: EE-40187
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Functional Safety Fundamentals for Automotive