Advanced Excel for Analysis and Business Intelligence
How the business world uses Excel is forever changing. Trying to keep up with it all can be intimidating, complex, and confusing given Excel’s ever-expanding library of functions and features. This course will give students a more cerebral and holistic understanding of Microsoft Excel which will help make all its advanced technical aspects much easier grasp and utilize at work as well as school and home. We will explore Excel’s advanced highlights through a combination of fun to read (yes really!) mind provoking lectures and discussion topics with detailed video lectures, each one timeless, short, easy to understand, and professionally edited. The course’s final capstone dashboard project will help tie everything together. This class will help arm you with practical yet powerful tactics to apply Excel into your professional life, in ways you have never considered before.
- Introduction to PowerQuery and Query Editor to import data from the web
- Data Validation and Drop-down menus
- Subtotals, grouping and ungrouping data
- Managing, protecting, and restricting editing for worksheets and workbooks
- Configuring language settings
- Advanced custom number formatting
- Advanced custom conditional formatting and managing rules
- Configuring formula calculation options
- VLOOKUP / HLOOKUP / MATCH / INDEX and other functions
- Data and time functions
- Pivot Tables and PivotCharts
- Goal Seek and Scenario Manager
- Error checking and data monitoring
- Introduction to Macro operations
- ... and More!
Software: Microsoft Excel 2019 or Office 365 highly recommended.
NOTE - This course is Windows based and does not make special accommodations for macOS users as some features related to querying data are not available on Excel for macOS.
Course typically offered: Online in Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer (every quarter).
Prerequisites: CSE-41250: Intermediate Excel or an equivalent intermediate mastery of Microsoft Excel.
Next Steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other required coursework in the Business Intelligence Analysis Certificate Program.
More Information: For more information about this course, please contact email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41161
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Business Intelligence Analysis
+ Expand All
10/3/2023 - 12/2/2023
1/9/2024 - 3/9/2024