Donald S. Muehlbach Jr. is a professor of systems engineering for the Naval Postgraduate School. He has taught systems engineering for UC San Diego since 1995. He is also a USN Engineering Duty Officer Captain, Reserve Component. Previously, he was a senior systems engineer at SAIC for 20 years and the director of technology programs for UC San Diego for six years.
- Recipient of the 2015 Allen Griffin Award for Excellence in Post-Secondary Teaching
- Recipient of the 2013 Rear Admiral John Jay Schieffelin Award for Teaching Excellence
- Recipient of the 2011 GSEAS Faculty Award for Extraordinary Merit in Teaching
- Fifteen-time recipient of The Wayne E. Meyer Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering: December 2010, March 2011, September 2011, December 2011 (two awards), June 2012, September 2012 (two awards), June 2013 (two awards), September 2014, March 2015, December 2015, March 2016, and December 2016
- Awarded the Legion of Merit Medal in the USN for Exceptional Meritorious Performance, 2011
Boards and Memberships: