Secure Coding for Java Developers
This course explores key software skills for Java software developers that prevent the inadvertent introduction of security vulnerabilities in software systems. The course emphasizes the implementation of secure coding concepts and coding techniques for software to be secure, resilient, and maintainable.
- Software Security Overview
- Secure Software Development Standards
- Java Platform Security
- Security Manager and Permissions
- User Authentication
- Digital Signatures
- Encryption and Data Security
- Network Security
- Deployment Security
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Develop foundational knowledge of the concepts, techniques, and standards that guide the development of software that reduces the risk of deploying code containing exploitable vulnerabilities
- Learn good design principles and practices for developing software systems that are secure and robust
- Understand techniques for conducting static code analysis and reviews that seek to identify vulnerabilities in both legacy code and code in development
- Learn techniques for securing legacy software systems
- Develop a solid knowledge of techniques for securing data at rest and in motion
Course Typically Offered: Online in Summer and Winter quarters.
Prerequisite: Java Programming II: Core Java Programming or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in our Java Programming Certificate to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ECE-40852
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Java Programming
+ Expand All
3/26/2024 - 5/25/2024