Join us for a fantastic 3D experience in the Sally Ride Science Makerspace Lab, where students will get hands-on experience with Virtual & Mixed Reality headsets!
A makerspace is a community space where people get together to learn how to think, make, and create. In this course, students will learn about Sally Ride Science (SRS) Makerspace. Students will be introduced to the software and hardware of makerspaces, such as virtual and augmented reality and electronics.
What You Will Learn
Students in Middle School: Makerspace VR: Virtual Reality Exploration & Practical Applications will:
Return to the Sally Ride Science website here.
- Become familiar with equipment used within the makerspace
- Learn about the skills necessary to create Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality worlds
- Learn how to identify multiple solutions to an engineering challenge
- Strengthen their problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Research innovative digital and physical products to understand the product development process
- Formulate ideas and product designs
Course Number: ENG-90043
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)