During this trying time, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have moved this summer’s Sally Ride Science Junior Academy workshops online. These online STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) workshops for students entering 4th-12th grade will be conducted through virtual class meetings using the Zoom conferencing system and the learning platform Canvas.
Develop Leadership Skills for the Digital Age
The leaders of tomorrow will combine leadership skills with a grasp of technology. Develop the skills and practices you will need to exercise leadership in the digital age.
We will explore prominent leadership theories and philosophies, including Adaptive Leadership, Servant Leadership and Transformational Leadership. Students will consider the impact of social media and technology on leadership in today’s world. We will also look at the importance of self-awareness and mindfulness in a leader and at the difference between leadership and authority. Students will learn about different personality types and discover how personality type informs the way a person interacts with individuals and groups. Students will also examine what their core values are and consider how such values affect the practice of leadership.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Gain an introductory understanding of major leadership theories and philosophies
- Learn about the impact of technology and social media on leadership
- Explore the effect of mindfulness on practicing leadership
- Discover different personality types and how personality type informs the way a person interacts with others
- Explore what their core values are and why they are important
- Gain an understanding of the difference between leadership and authority
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy
Course Number: PHIL-90008
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)