Manage Projects in Fast Paced, Multi-dimensional Environments
Often, traditional project management methods do not adequately meet the challenges posed by today’s complex and
fast paced environments.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive set of concepts, techniques, and insights to lead IT projects successfully. The course covers a wide range of practical topics including IT project lifecycles, Agile and Waterfall frameworks, and effective planning, and execution of projects to achieve organizational goals. It also examines the organizational and cultural factors which contribute to the success and failures of projects. Provides solutions to common challenges facing IT Project Managers in the areas of the management of virtual and distributed teams, communications, expectation management, soft skills, and scope creep. The course format is fast paced and highly interactive with hands-on exercises, case studies, and individual and group projects.
- IT Project Management and Portfolio Management
- Agile and Waterfall Framework
- Managing distributed and virtual teams
- Financial Management for IT Projects
- Communication and Expectation Management
- Soft skills for IT Project Managers
- Project Justification and ROI
- Budgeting and Cash-Flow Management
- Risk and Communication Management
- Time and Resource Scheduling
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Scope Creep and Expectation Management
- IT Project Management Challenges
- Implement appropriate frameworks for IT Projects, including Waterfall and Agile Frameworks
- Manage High Performance Collocated, Distributed, and Virtual Teams
- Develop and Manage IT Risk, Cost, and Communication Management Plans
- Create Financial Management Plans for IT Projects
- Conduct Portfolio Management Analysis on a Set of IT Projects
- Manage Uncertainty, Expectation, and Complexity in IT Projects
- Employ Soft Skills to Advance IT Project Success
Course Typically Offered: Live Online during Winter and Summer quarters.
Prerequisites: BSc in Computer Science or related degree, or two years of experience in an IT field.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Technology Leadership Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Technology Leadership and course offerings.
Course Number: BUSA-41012
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Technology Leadership
+ Expand All
4/4/2023 - 6/3/2023
Synchronous web-based class meetings that are scheduled to meet online at published times (time/date).
Azmi, Alex M.
Dr. Azmi has been active in the fields of Technology and Project Management for over 20 years. He started teaching with UCSD this year. Prior to that Alex Azmi taught in other universities including UCLA, Cal Poly, Pomona, and Cal State, Long Beach. In addition to teaching, he worked as the manager of large Project Management Offices (PMO).
No information available at this time.
No refunds after: 4/10/2023.
|4/4/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|4/11/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|4/18/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|4/25/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|5/2/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|5/9/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|5/16/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|5/23/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
|5/30/2023||Tue||6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.