Examine the Basic Research Components Important to Researchers, Designers and Inventors
Inventing and Patent Creation will expose students to the inner thought processes of designers and inventors who developed their own ideas which then became profitable. Students will examine the basic research components important to researchers, designers and inventors. Throughout the course, students will learn about the importance of brainstorming, developing a line of logic, using reputable citations and sources, and how to conduct a literature and prior art review. By the end of the course, students will have a practical experience by drafting their own patent application.
What You Will Learn
Inventing and Patent Creation will dive into the thought process of designers and inventors by researching components important to them and how they were able to make their ideas profitable.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Understand what a patent is and how they work
- Decipher between primary/secondary and reliable/unreliable sources of information
- Conduct a competent literature/prior art review using primary and reliable sources of information
- Develop abilities to outline, illustrate and explain lines of logic
- Illustrate innovative concepts through diagrams as well as written explanations of concepts and processes
- Demonstrate advanced oral and written skills through effective communication of personal inventions via a patent draft and presentation of that invention to a live audience
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as
online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: BUSA-90030
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/18/2022 - 7/22/2022