In this course, students will be introduced to programming in Python, the language of Machine Learning, and to one of the most common applications in Machine Learning, the image classifier.
Machine Learning, Data Science, and the use of Artificial Intelligence technologies is growing rapidly in our society. Just a few applications include self-driving cars, personal assistants, product recommendations, robotics, data analysis, and web searching. These applications typically involve self-learning systems that are trained based on large amounts of data and the integration of “intelligence” based on algorithms.
In this course, students will be introduced to programming in Python, the language of Machine Learning, and to one of the most common applications in Machine Learning, the image classifier. Students will create a basic image classifier using the Google Teachable Machine tool and integrate it into an application framework, both in a web page, and on a Raspberry Pi platform.
What You Will Learn
Students in Elementary School: Introduction to Python Programming and Machine Learning will:
Return to the Sally Ride Science website here.
- Write Python scripts executing basic math operations, conditional statements, and loops
- Write Python functions and call them from a main program
- Create an image classification model using Google Teachable Machine with at least 3 classes
- Integrate and test an image classifier model with a Python (or equivalent) script
- Integrate and test an image classifier model on the Raspberry Pi platform
Course Number: CSE-90180
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Pre-College Programs department at 858-534-0804 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.