Explore advanced features of the object-oriented paradigm in the C# programming language including encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
Students will have the opportunity to learn the object-oriented techniques used to develop C# programs and to attain software reliability. Exposure to existing reusable solutions defined by the design patterns, file configuration, dynamic lists, and dynamic linked libraries will also be part of the curriculum.
- Interface design and implementation
- Encapsulation and abstraction
- Method and operator overloading
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Virtual and abstract members
- Anonymous types
- Custom formatting
- Creational design patterns
- Working with class libraries and .NET assemblies
- I/O and serialization
- Software reliability and Utility Classes
- Obtain knowledge in object-oriented advanced topics
- Learn about well-known design patterns
- Ability to apply the concepts to implement efficient and reliable C# programs
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- PDF reader such as Adobe Reader
- Multiple browsers (Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the most popular)
Hardware: access to a laptop or computer with the following specifications or better.
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: "C# Programming I: Fundamentals of C#" or equivalent experience.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking C# Programming III to continue learning.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming Certificate and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-40603
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming
+ Expand All
6/27/2023 - 8/26/2023
This course is entirely web-based and to be completed asynchronously between the published course start and end dates. Synchronous attendance is NOT required.
You will have access to your online course on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
Schurter, Bruce E., Principal Software Engineer - Wildcat Discovery Technologies
Learning C# - A Practical Approach Volume 2 1st
by Bruce Schurter
ISBN / ASIN: 9780996788816
You may purchase textbooks via the UC San Diego Bookstore.
No refunds after: 7/3/2023.
6/27/2023 - 8/26/2023
You will have access to your course materials on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.