This course examines how air pollution affects the environment. Students will learn about the regulation of air quality at the federal, state, and local levels. Topics include the federal and state Clean Air Acts, EPA’s NextGen Compliance, agency compliance inspections and internal self-audits, e-reporting, regulation of greenhouse gases, AB2588 (toxic hot spots), and the roles of various agencies in regulating air quality. Participants will also learn about the permitting process, how air pollution laws and regulations are enforced, air pollution control and reduction measures, improvements in air quality in San Diego, and what is yet to be done. Case studies will be featured.
- Gain knowledge on the federal and state legal and regulatory framework for air quality compliance
- Understand the local and Title V permitting processes
- Learn air pollution control and reduction methods
- Know the basics of health risk assessment and the effects of air pollution on health
- Understand self-audits, compliance issues, and EPA’s NextGen Compliance program
Course Number: ENVR-40002
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.