Discover the Diversity of Life Under the Sea
The ocean is home to an amazing assortment of organisms and ecosystems. Join us for an around-the-world adventure as we investigate the diversity of life under the sea.
Students will get an introduction to ocean science. They will learn about the taxonomy of ocean animals, including the differences between invertebrates and vertebrates. We will explore the relationships among living things in ocean ecosystems, including food webs and predator-prey relationships. Students will gain an appreciation for the great diversity of life, ecosystems and relationships in the ocean. The class offers an intriguing introduction for students interested in further studies of oceanography or marine biology.
What You Will Learn
Explore ocean science and learn about the diversity of marine ecosystems and life forms.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Understand that Earth has one big ocean with many features.
- Get an introduction to the great diversity of life and the many ecosystems in the ocean.
- Know the differences between marine vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Understand the dynamics of food webs and predator-prey relationships in marine ecosystems.
- Learn about the habitats and ranges of different sea creatures.
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: MARI-90038
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/11/2022 - 7/15/2022