Create a Video Game Using Proper 3D Modeling Techniques
Advanced 3D modeling and animation for games with Blender will teach students how to build a professional 3D game level. Students will learn and focus on advanced topics of 3D modeling with Blender including UV mapping, image textures, bump and normal maps. In addition, students will also learn proper 3D modeling techniques including proper topology. This hands-on course will equip students with basic animation knowledge using armatures and keyframes at the end of which, they will create their own video game.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Learn how to create models for a video game
- Create image textures and apply them on 3D objects
- Build bump and normal maps to create the illusion of textures on objects
- Learn basic topology and retopology and understand the importance of proper 3D modeling
- Create basic animation to control a player character and various game objects
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as
online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: CSE-90096
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/18/2022 - 7/22/2022