Increase Your MCAT Score
Master the skills you need to succeed on the MCAT by working directly with a top test-prep expert to learn powerful strategies for approaching different sections of the exam.
Students will work one-on-one with a leading MCAT strategy specialist who is the author of a major book on the exam. You will learn personalized, advanced strategies through up to 30 hours of phone or video coaching in weekly sessions over the course of a year. Coaching includes a specific study plan, review of assignments, and analysis of timing and testing strategies, but it does not include science instruction. Students are also eligible for the Cutts Graduate Reviews summer MCAT classroom-style Zoom program at no extra cost, on a space-available basis. Through the coaching sessions, students will master advanced timing strategies to maximize their score, along with powerful problem-solving strategies for the CARS (Critical Analysis and Reasoning) and science sections of the test.
What You Will Learn
Discover effective tools and strategies for success on the MCAT.
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- Learn how to avoid the strategy errors that account for 75% of MCAT wrong answers.
- Know how to maximize your use of time on the test and how to avoid the most common timing pitfalls.
- Understand how to overcome test anxiety and poor performance on standardized tests,
- Know how to skim CARS passages for structure and master tools for distinguishing between two very close answer choices.
- Understand how to set up passages efficiently on the science sections and how to skim for the essential elements of a passage.
- Learn how to gain points through testing strategies such as process of elimination and estimation.
- Know how to read graphs and charts effectively and how to use logic to get correct answers.
- Practice using a range of scientific problem-solving tools as well as tools for working two answer choices against each other to find the correct answer.
- This is a 30-hour course.
- UC San Diego undergraduate students may be eligible to take this course for with financial assistance through the Student Grant Program. The $500 voucher would be applied to tuition and the balance would be paid by students.
- Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- The 30-hours of coaching should be completed within the quarter in which you register. If these hours are not completed during this time, attempts for make-up sessions will be made, but cannot be guaranteed.
Course Number: EDUC-90051
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
9/19/2022 - 3/17/2023
1/9/2023 - 6/9/2023
4/3/2023 - 9/8/2023