Increase Your LSAT Score
Master the skills you need to succeed on the LSAT by working directly with a top specialist to learn personalized, advanced strategies for all parts of the exam.
Students will receive personal coaching from a text-prep expert who has 30 years of experience and is the author of the LSAT book for a major test-prep publisher. You will learn powerful strategies through up to 30 hours of phone or video coaching in weekly sessions that include a specific study plan, review of assignments, and analysis of timing and testing strategies. Compared to the typical classroom program, the personal coaching gives you more hours over a longer period (13-26 weeks), and individualized attention as you master verbal, logical and timing strategies. The course includes registration in STEPS to the LSAT, an online study system with study partners.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- Discover effective tools and strategies and for success on every part of the LSAT.
- Learn how to maximize your use of time on the test and how to avoid the most common timing pitfalls
- Know how to overcome test anxiety and poor performance on standardized tests.
- Understand how to analyze logic, including if/then statements and deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Learn to identify faulty argument types, including argument against the person, false analogy, false cause, circular reasoning and false appeal to authority.
- Know how to skim Reading Comprehension passages for structure and become familiar with tools for distinguishing between two very close answer choices.
- Develop a systematic approach for organizing Analytical Reasoning information and learn how recognize the main types of Analytical Reasoning questions.
- Develop an understanding of the underlying agendas for the Analytical Writing tasks and specific steps for creating an essay that will earn a passing score.
- This is a 30-hour course.
- UC San Diego undergraduate students may be eligible to take this course for with financial assistance through the Student Grant Program. The $500 voucher would be applied to tuition and the balance would be paid by students.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The 30-hours of coaching should be completed within the quarter in which you register. If these hours are not completed during this time, attempts for make-up sessions will be made, but cannot be guaranteed.
Course Number: EDUC-90050
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
3/23/2022 - 6/10/2022
6/27/2022 - 9/2/2022