Increase Your GMAT Score Through Individualized Tutoring Sessions
This program gives you a unique opportunity to work directly in a personal coaching program with one of the country’s top test-prep specialists and author of two books for a major test-prep publisher. Personal coaching offers the individualized, expert instruction that classroom programs lack. Coaching is the most personalized and direct way to master the GMAT. The coaching approach focuses on strategy as well as content.
You will learn unique, intuitive tools for solving complex math problems. Intuitive tools are simple, hands-on and easy for anyone to understand. We specialize in helping students who are not comfortable with math. For the verbal and integrated reasoning sections, you will learn about the underlying patterns of the test and special strategies for verbal problem solving.
What You Will Learn
- Students will learn personalized, advanced strategies through up to 30 hours of phone or video coaching in weekly sessions that include a specific study plan, review of assignments, and analysis of timing and testing strategies.
- Students will learn specific strategies for overcoming test anxiety, poor performance on standardized tests and math anxiety. They will learn how to maximize their use of time on the test, how to avoid the most common timing pitfalls and how to gain significant extra points through timing strategy.
- For the Quantitative section, students will learn how to interpret the instructions for the Data Sufficiency questions, how to analyze and organize math information, how to apply intuitive math problem-solving strategies and how to recognize the patterns of GMAT math questions. Students will learn to solve math problems with intuitive tools that are accessible even to people who are not strong in math. Students will learn how to make decisions about using their time on the Quantitative section, including how to choose which questions to work on and how much time to spend on a question.
- For the Verbal section, students will learn how to skim Reading Comprehension passages for structure and how to distinguish between two very close answer choices. They will learn the fundamental patterns of the Sentence Correction questions and tools for discerning which answer is correct. Students will learn about the logic patterns of the Critical Reasoning questions. They will gain an understanding of how to make decisions about using their time on the Verbal section, including how to choose which questions to work on and how much time to spend on a question.
- For the Integrated Reasoning section, students will learn how to integrate mathematical and verbal information; analyze charts, graphs, and tables; and apply advanced problem-solving techniques.
Students will learn the underlying agendas for the Analytical Writing tasks and specific steps for creating an essay that will earn a passing score.
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- This is a 30-hour course.
- UC San Diego undergraduate students may be eligible to take this course for with financial assistance through the Student Grant Program. The $500 voucher would be applied to tuition and the balance would be paid by students.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The 30-hours of coaching should be completed within the quarter in which you register. If these hours are not completed during this time, attempts for make-up sessions will be made, but cannot be guaranteed.
Course Number: EDUC-90048
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
3/23/2022 - 6/10/2022
6/27/2022 - 9/2/2022