Develop Leadership Skills for the Digital Age
The leaders of tomorrow will combine leadership skills with a grasp of technology. Develop the skills and practices you will need to exercise leadership in the digital age. We will explore prominent leadership theories and philosophies, including Adaptive Leadership, Servant Leadership and Transformational Leadership. Students will consider the impact of social media and technology on leadership in today’s world. We will also look at the importance of self-awareness and mindfulness in a leader and at the difference between leadership and authority. Students will learn about different personality types and discover how personality type informs the way a person interacts with individuals and groups. Students will also examine what their core values are and consider how such values affect the practice of leadership.
What You Will Learn
Students in Leadership in the Digital Age will:
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
- Gain an introductory understanding of major leadership theories and philosophies
- Learn about the impact of technology and social media on leadership
- Explore the effect of mindfulness on practicing leadership
- Discover different personality types and how personality type informs the way a person interacts with others
- Explore what their core values are and why they are important.
- Gain an understanding of the difference between leadership and authority
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: PHIL-90014
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/29/2024 - 8/2/2024