Students will learn about Sally Ride Science (SRS) Makerspace and learn how to think, make, and create with their peers.
A makerspace is a community space where people get together to learn how to think, make, and create. In Introduction to Makerspaces, students will learn about Sally Ride Science (SRS) Makerspace. This core class will introduce the student to the software and hardware of makerspaces, such as CNC Mills, virtual and augmented reality, FDM and SLA Printers, and electronics. Additionally, this class will teach students property safety, regulations, rules, policies, procedures, and handling of materials such as resin, wood, metal, and plastic. By the end of the workshop, students will be prepared and choose a maker pathway of their own.
What You Will Learn
Students in Middle School: Introduction to Makerspaces will:
- Understand the basics and differences of various 3D printers and the software needed to create 3D prints
- Understand the skills necessary to create Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality worlds
- Experience different materials and other mediums used to create art and tech such as plastic, metal, wood, and electronics
- Research innovative digital and physical products to understand the product development process
- Formulate ideas and product designs
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
Course Number: SCI-90055
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/31/2023 - 8/4/2023