Unlock the world of coding!
Join us for an Introduction to Python, a powerful general-purpose programming language. Learn basic computer science concepts as you use Python to create your own games. As students learn to write code using Python, they will become familiar with concepts that apply to other coding languages, including variables, looping and condition statements. Students will consider what makes a good and then apply what they have learned by using Python to create simple games. They will practice debugging their code, and then they will share their games with classmates. The class is designed to be fun as well as informative.
What You Will Learn
Students in Python Programming will be able to:
- Understand what Python is and how it differs from other programming languages.
- Get familiar with variables, looping and condition statements.
- Consider what features make a good game and outline your own game design.
- Learn methods for debugging a Python program.
- Complete creation of your own game and share it with classmates.
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: CSE-90115
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/29/2024 - 8/2/2024