Explore the life of Stephen Hawkings and his contributions to science
This interactive course will explore the life of Stephen Hawking, the late physicist and best-selling author. Through video clips, presentations, discussions, games, experiments and group work, middle-school students examine his life, his disability, his humor, his willingness to admit he was wrong, his books, and his contributions to science. Prior knowledge is not required.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
- What personal characteristics made Hawking well suited to investigating complicated science topics?
- How did the connection with Black Holes support Hawking’s work on the theory of the Big Bang?
- How did technology make it possible for Hawking to do his work as his disease worsened?
- How did Hawking’s work depend on and build on the work of others?
- Why did his theory of Hawking radiation “rock the world of physics”?
- How did Hawking’s disease make his work all the more remarkable?
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: SCI-90074
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/22/2024 - 7/26/2024