From kitchen novices to culinary maestros!
Students will use their prior knowledge of mathematics for measuring and mixing ingredients as they learn the basics of cooking. We will explore recipes from around the world and connect different cultures to different cooking styles. Students will learn about good nutrition and choosing ingredients. Through science experiments, we will uncover hidden and harmful ingredients in different foods and learn the importance of reading labels on packaged foods. At the end of this course, students will be able to make simple, healthy meals for themselves.
What You Will Learn
Students in Elementary School: Cooking with Kids: Edible Science will:
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
- Gain a basic understanding of how to care for their bodies through healthy nutrition
- Explore different cooking styles and techniques by following recipes from around the world
- Learn to make simple meals for themselves
- Gain an understanding of the importance of reading labels on packaged foods
- Track their nutrition, water intake, sleep patterns and exercise for a week to learn about the importance of healthy habits
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: WKSP-90148
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/15/2024 - 7/19/2024