Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL) is a growing market overseas. Our 120-hour program will give you the specialized skills and knowledge to teach English to children ages 4-12.
Mandatory English language education for young learners in many countries around the world has created a demand for teachers who can incorporate games, music, storytelling, and art in the classroom. Teaching young learners can be quite different from teaching young adults and/or adults, and the courses in our program will train you in how to effectively use activities in lesson plans to “entertain” as well as educate your students.
Each TEYL course has a specific target and outcome, but our TEYL Classroom Management course is especially interesting as it has two fieldtrips. One is to a San Diego learning center and the other to a local elementary school where you will interact with the children and the teachers and really see what an elementary classroom is like.
Teaching young learners is a rewarding, fun, and challenging experience that is unlike teaching other ages. It takes special and unique skills – skills that you will learn in our TEYL program.
Learn more about the Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL) program at our free information session.
Can't make it to our in-person information session? Please try our 10-minute online information session!
Students must complete 12 course units. The program can be completed in 6-12 months depending upon course availability.
How much does the program cost?
- Approximate tuition cost: $2,000
- Estimated textbook cost for entire program: $300-$400
- Program Fee: $95
Course tuition is paid as you enroll in each course. No upfront fees must be paid in advance. The Program Fee can be paid at any time and is not required to begin enrolling in classes.
- Students must complete 12 units from TEFL course offerings.
- Students must pass all courses with a letter grade of C (73%) or above in order to receive an award of completion.
- $95 program fee. Please do NOT pay without first contacting the TEFL Program Manager at email@example.com. When you are ready to submit this payment, our team will direct you and provide you with a payment link.
- International students seeking an F-1 student visa should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for program cost, application information, and availability.
- A strong command of English is required for those who are English language learners.
- TOEFL iBT: 79
- IELTS: 6.5
- CEFR: B2/C1
- Cambridge Scaled Score: 180 - C1 Advanced
- Duolingo English Test (DET): 110
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 58
- Listening: 445
- Reading: 420
- Speaking: 170
- Writing: 165
- Course availability cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon enrollment numbers each quarter.
- It may take more than one quarter to complete the program due to course availability.
- Upon successfully passing all requirements, students will receive an award of completion.