Our TEFL Proficiency foundation program provides a 150-hours of instruction and the essential skills to become an English teacher anywhere in the world. These teacher-trainer courses will focus on building foundational knowledge and vital competencies in order to build self-confidence and strong capabilties for the English language classroom.
Three Required Subject Areas: Students will choose 9 units, 3 units each, from the following required areas:
Teaching English is an option for those who just graduated and would like to explore the world, for those looking for a mid-career change, or for those who are retired and would like to volunteer/teach in the local or global community. A TEFL award of completion can open doors to numerous opportunities and adventures.
Learn more about the TEFL Proficiency program at our free information session.
Can't make it to our in-person information session? Please try our 10-minute online information session!
The program can be completed in as quickly as 3-6 months, depending upon course availability. Most students complete the program in 1-2 years.
In order to complete the program, students should complete courses from the following areas:
- Theoretical Foundations
- Teaching Reading/Writing
Six Elective Units: Students will choose the remaining 6 units from the following areas:
How much does the program cost?
- Teaching Speaking/Listening
- Teaching Pronunciation & Fluency
- Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL)
- 3 workshops
- Approximate tuition cost: $2,500
- Estimated textbook cost for entire program: $300-$400
- Program Fee: $95
Course tuition is paid as you enroll in each course. No upfront fees must be paid in advance. The Program Fee can be paid at any time and is not required to begin enrolling in classes.
APPLICATION FEE: $0
There will be a $0 fee upon acceptance into the program
- Students must complete 15 units from TEFL course offerings.
- Students must pass all courses with a letter grade of C (73%) or above in order to receive an award of completion.
- $95 program fee. Please do NOT pay without first contacting the TEFL Program Manager at email@example.com. When you are ready to submit this payment, our team will direct you and provide you with a payment link.
- International students seeking an F-1 student visa should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for program cost, application information, and availability.
- A strong command of English is required for those who are English language learners.
- TOEFL iBT: 79
- IELTS: 6.5
- CEFR: B2/C1
- Cambridge Scaled Score: 180 - C1 Advanced
- Duolingo English Test (DET): 110
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 58
- Listening: 445
- Reading: 420
- Speaking: 170
- Writing: 165
- Course availability cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon enrollment numbers each quarter.
- It may take more than one quarter to complete the program due to course availability.
- Upon successfully passing all requirements, students will receive an award of completion.