Learn 3D Modeling with CATIA V5
CATIA software is a powerful 3D modeling tool to design, simulate, analyze and manufacture everyday life products. This Computer-Aided Design (CAD) program supports precise solid modeling, advanced surface modeling, and detailed analysis and simulation of a 3D model in its operating environment. It is a Cross-Discipline Development platform used in a variety of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, consumer goods, and industrial machinery.
Participants in this course will learn the techniques to convert an idea into a real 3D CAD model design. Students will obtain practical experience with CATIA V5 complex tools for surfacing and assembly design. They will practice designing parts which can be used in prototyping, 3D Printing, and machining.
Students will obtain the skills essential for an entry level CAD drafting position where turning 2D Drawings into 3D Models is valuable.
- Introduction to Computer Aided Design CATIA V5
- CATIA software fundamentals
- Part Design using wrokbench and egine components.
- Assembly Design with Multiple parts to create one model
- Experience with CATIA software interface and fundamental modeling tools.
- Create a 2D Technical Drawing that is representative of 3D Designs
- Build a portfolio of parts using CATIA V5
- Immediately apply these skills in real-world scenarios.
Software: CATIA V5 Student Edition (provided by Instructor)
Hardware (minimum requirement):
- Microsoft Windows 7, or Windows 10 (64-bit) Multi-Core 64-Bit Processor (i5 or similar)
- 4GB of RAM Minimum (8GB Recommended)
- 10GB Free Hard Disk Space.
Suggested Hardware (not required):
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarters
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of computer operations
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Additive Manufacturing Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Additive Manufacturing and course offerings.
Course Number: MAE-40042
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Additive Manufacturing