What is CMMC?
The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is the newest assessment framework released by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). This framework was designed to meet the needs of the ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity, and increase the trust in compliance measures to standards published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. It is a set of standards and practices that organizations must follow to protect sensitive government information.
By 2025, recipients of DoD contracts will be required to meet the CMMC compliance provisions.
This training program supports students in meeting these requirements and prepares them to earn the Cybersecurity CMMC Professional (CCP) and Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) certifications.
How to Become a CMMC Assessor
This CMMC Training program will take you through a designated track to become a CMMC Assessor (CCA). Split between two courses, students are advised to start with the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) course. It is requried to hold a CCP Certification before advancing to the CMMC Assessor (CCA) course.
For more information, please review The Cyber AB's Assessing and Certification Process page.
$3,199 (per course)
Live Online, Online
5 Days (per course)
UC San Diego Extended Studies is a certified Licensed Training Provider with the Cyber AB. Instructional content has been approved and authorized by the DoD – CMMC Authorized Training Material (CATM).
- This program provides authorization to schedule and complete training and examination for the Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) and Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) certifications. (For additional information, please visit CyberAB's Exam Information Page)
- 90-day access to our educational platform, Canvas. Students may review all videos, content, and more to prepare for their exam post-course completion
- Authorization to participate as an assessment team member under the supervision of a lead CMMC Assessor
- Upon completion, students are authorized to use the respective Cyber AB assessment logos
- Become listed in the Cyber AB Marketplace
- Identify and compare roles/responsibilities/requirements of authorities across the CMMC Ecosystem.
- Identify and apply knowledge of the Guiding Principles and Practices of the CMMC-AB Code of Professional Conduct (CoPC)/ISO/IEC/DOD requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in non-federal unclassified networks.
- Determine the appropriate roles/responsibilities/authority for Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
- Demonstrate understanding of the CMMC Source and Supplementary documents. (https://www.acq.osd.mil/cmmc/documentation.html)
- Apply the appropriate CMMC Source Documents as an aid to evaluate the implementation/review of CMMC practices.
- Apply knowledge of the CMMC Assessment Criteria and Methodology to the appropriate CMMC practices.
- Analyze the adequacy/sufficiency around the location/collection/quality/usage of Evidence.
- Determine the appropriate phases/steps to assist in the preparation/conducting/ reporting on a CMMC Level 2 Assessment.
- Understand CMMC High-Level Scoping as described in the CMMC Assessment Process.
- Analyze the organization environment to generate an appropriate scope for FCI Assets.
Who Will Benefit?
This training program is intended for IT professionals with 3+ years of experience. Students should already have a basic understanding of cybesrsecurity practices, concepts, and assessment techniques. Below is a list of the following titles that would greatly benefit from this certification:
- Employees of Organizations Seeking CMMC Certification (OSC)
- Information Technology (IT) and Cybersecurity Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Officers
- Legal and Contract Compliance Professionals
- Management Professionals
- Cybersecurity and Technology Consultants
- Federal Employees
- Depfartment of Defense (DoD) Members
- Candidate CMMC Assessment Team Members
Course 1: Certified CMMC Professional (CCP)
The Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) course is the first of two that establishes foundational Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) knowledge for each student, including the CMMC Ecosystem, Code of Professional Conduct (Ethics), Governance and Source Documents, Framework Model, Level 1 Security Practice Implementation, Assessment Scoping, and CMMC Assessment Process.
Upon start of the course, each student will receive a Digital Access Key. This DAK is specific to each individual and it is non-refundable. The cost of the course is non-refundable one day before the start day of the course.
After successfully completing this course, consider taking the exam to receive certification from the CyberAB.
Course 2: Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA)
The Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) course is the second of two courses in the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) roadmap to become a Department of Defense CMMC assessor. The CCA course prepares assessors to evaluate Organizations Seeking Certification (OSC) against CMMC Level 2 requirements, properly identify CMMC Level 2 scoping, assess Level 2 practices and assessment objectives, and conduct the CMMC Assessment Process (CAP).
Group Enrollments & Discounts
If you are an organization looking to train 5 or more people, please provide details to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
UC San Diego Alumni
All UC San Diego alumni are eligible to receive a 10% discount. Please fill out the Discount Request form to claim it.
Program Manager, Information Technology
UC San Diego Extended Studies