The fee for the UC San Diego Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program is $33,000. The fee includes:
- All program tuition including upper-division biological sciences courses, online courses, seminars and workshops
- Program support, which includes but is not limited to advising, mentoring, coaching to help participants develop a medical school application portfolio and medical school interview preparation.
- MCAT Preparation Course
Books, housing, transportation, health insurance for the year (required) and other miscellaneous expenses are not included.
To assist students, the fee is divided into five (5) separate payments payable over the length of the program. The amounts and due dates are:
- May 1 - $500 (program deposit due)
- June 1 $7750 (summer tuition due)
- September 1 $8250 (fall tuition due)
- December 1 $8250 (winter) tuition due)
- March 1 $8250 (spring tuition due)
Private student loans are available to assist with program costs. UC San Diego Division of Extended Studies has established a business relationship with UC approved lenders allowing students to compare loan options to find a lender that best meets their needs. For complete financial aid information and to review the Private Lender List, please visit Financial Resources.
Dr. Carolyn Kelly
All candidates that are invited for an interview will be eligible to apply to the Dr. Carolyn Kelly Scholarship.
Selection for these scholarships will be made by the program Selection Committee at the time of admission to the program. The Committee will review the applications and interviews of all admitted students.
Dr. Kelly served as the Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs at the UC San Diego School of Medicine from 2004-2018. She was the Senior Advisor for the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program from July 2012 until June 2022.