Cryptocurrency is a real and persistent asset class that smart investors and consumers must begin to understand. Blockchain is a powerful, decentralized transactional network that has the potential to disrupt and replace the transactional and geopolitical we know today. This course will examine crypocurrencies as the exist today and consider their significant impact upon the future of the world.
Be able to differentiate between valid and speculative cryptocurrencies. Describe how cryptocurrency is managed, owned and traded. Understand the origins of blockchain, how it operates and what changes it will usher forth. Be conversant with the dynamic current events that populate the crypto world.
- What is money?
- What defines cryptocurrency as money?
- Bitcoin mechanics
- Blockchain structure and mechanics
- How crypto and blockchain interact
- Bitcoin as a store of value and as medium of exchange
- What is Bitcoin worth?
- Implications for the US economy and the world economy
- Can crypto and blockchain be regulated
Course Number: BUSA-41014
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Accounting, Business Management