This course provides a hands-on learning experience
in a safe and online environment to master Linux System Administration. This course offers an interactive learning experience in areas such as system architecture, GNU and UNIX commands, interfaces, desktops, and many more.
- Selecting an Operating System
- Understanding Software Licensing (Linux's Principles and Philosophy)
- Using Common Linux Programs
- Using a Linux Desktop Environment
- Managing Hardware and Files|
- Exploring Processes and Process Data
- Creating Scripts
- Understanding Basic Security
- Setting Ownership and Permissions
- Managing Network Connections
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the architecture of a Linux system
- Install and maintain a Linux workstation, including X11 and setup it up as a network client
- Work at the Linux command line, including common GNU and Unix commands
- Handle files and access permissions as well as system security
- Perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot
Lab Fee: Students must purchase a uCertify license in order to access uCertify materials for this course. Student Licenses are valid for 6 months.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Summer and Winter quarters.
Prerequisite: CSE-41333 Linux Operating System Fundamentals or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course consider taking CSE-41365 Linux Networking or CSE-41366 Programming in the Linux Environment to continue learning.
Contact: for more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41364
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
6/21/2022 - 8/16/2022