Digital Landscape for Editors (WCWP-40340)
10 Weeks | $595 | Online
Interacting in the digital space is a frequently expected skill for freelance and staff editors. In Digital Landscape for Editors, you will learn how to edit text for the particular needs of a website and how to discuss its design and navigation. You will explore the digital ecosystem for an editor to learn basic terminology and tools, the relationship between text and search engine optimization, gain a foundational understanding of digital editing best practices, an introduction to user experience and website planning, and explore how social media integrates with it all. This class explores ideas for managing digital content and what is considered when developing digital content. It is intended for those with some comfort with technology. Your digital editing education is not complete until you have scratched the surface of navigating websites as an editor.
What you will learn:
- Understand how to navigate, critique, and edit for digital text.
- Gain the knowledge required for the digital editing space, whether that’s freelance or staff.
- Learn the vital skills required to understand digital media and best practices.
- Explore the basics of various types of digital media—from video to blogs, from social media to podcasts.
- Learn the purpose of cascading style sheets (CSS) and HTML.
- Acquire skills in improving content readability and searchability.
- Explore editing, digital rights, and search engine optimization (SEO) skills.
: Summer | Online
Microsoft Word 2016/Office 365 (PC or Mac) or higher required.
For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
New 3 unit course to replace previous 2 unit course Digital Skills for Editors WCWP-40282.This online course is not self-paced. There are assignments and readings with weekly due dates. Please purchase textbooks before class begins.
Course Number: WCWP-40340
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Copyediting
+ Expand All
7/11/2022 - 9/17/2022